topXview™ – Complete ITS Platform
Expertise gathered through 20 years of operation in more than 100 control centers around the world and Artificial Intelligence base are core of topXview™, software platform for complete traffic management operations – traffic data analytics, traffic monitoring, traffic and incident management, communication with stakeholders, public and vehicles, and maintenance management.
Traffic Control Centre equipped with topXview™ ATMS and Decision Support Software System can empower Agency for efficient congestion and incident management.
topXview™ will help Agency's personnel to stay focused on management responsibilities and operations and help them improve their practices and procedures.
- Based on AI
- Big Data analytics and intelligent information synthesis
- Execution in cloud, virtual servers or dedicated servers
- GUI platforms – Web browser, Windows application, iOS and Android
- Supports Complete Traffic Agency’s operations – from start to finish No need for any other software in TMC
- App / NAV / V2X friendly
- For operation of highway networks, corridors, tunnels and bridges in inter-urban and urban regions
- 100+ implementations around the world on highways, tunnels and in cities, on major ITS and infrastructure projects, including Olympic Games, National Network of Tunnels and Highways, Airports, Expressways, etc
- Modular design – ready for tomorrow
- Interfaces for integration all existing and future ITS assets and information systems
- Visualization fitted for Operators, Maintenance personnel, Administrators and Traffic engineers
- Data fusion and smart alarm management, event/incident management, decision support system
- Fault/Asset/Maintenance management
- Plug-in for CV/AV, C-ITS, Smart City Systems
- Intuitive overview of traffic conditions
- GIS map and Logic view, CCTV embedded in traffic GUI
- Intuitive visualization of traffic parameters (density, level of service), technology elements, incident locations, patrol vehicles
- Full video wall control, video stream management, recording and replaying
- Events management dashboard with alarm and event lists
- Systemized management of all alarms and incidents
- Full support for communication (notifications, alerting, emergency services, …) and system actions (traffic management plans)
- Grouping of connected events into one incident
- Maintenance Management Dashboard
- Diagnostics, maintenance scheduling, fault/asset management
- On-demand system diagnostics, filtering and overview of all maintained assets
- Visualization of all recorded faults on assets and equipment
- Management and scheduling of maintenance requests and activities
- Coordinated maintenance and traffic management
- Direct tracking and communication of maintenance crews and vehicles - AVL system integrated
- Engineering Views
- System and user administration
- GUI/system design and configuration
- Intelligent Data Synthesis and Classification
- Data Fusion Engine – All sources of data translated to useful traffic information
- Smart Alarm Management – configurable parameters, thresholds and logics for raising alarms
- Early Congestion Warning based on Industry known algorithms (Marz, California)
- Travel Time Engine
- Incident/Event Management – Decision Support System
- Response plans and traffic plans automatically evaluated, suggested and visualized to operator
- Improvement tools –
- GUI/System design tool
- Scenario design tool
- Response plans and traffic plans
Congested with data, events, duties and responsibilities
Traditional traffic management center systems overload traffic operators with unfiltered, unprioritized data from sensors and data about events. Humans are not capable to process such a huge load of unprocessed data. Because of that, TMC operators are not able to predict congestions and detect fast enough genuine incidents.
topXview™ Decision Support Software analyzes and qualifies data from all sorts of sensors and data sources connected to TMC, combines them, and visualizes the state of traffic in real-time to Operators. It detects incidents and predicts possible changes in traffic flow
The real-time traffic state awareness empowers Traffic Operator to start preventive traffic management actions to prevent congestion and prevent escalation of an incident
Necessity for accurate and prompt decisions
Any incident or disruption in optimal traffic flow can easily grow into catastrophic congestion and total traffic chaos.
Unsuitable traffic management strategy, incorrectly prioritized incident management or late response can lead to this chaos.
TMC operator has limited time frame for his decision to choose and start optimal strategy.
Workflow based topXview™ Decision Support Software leads Traffic Operators through the process of choosing and evaluating possible strategies for traffic and incident management, simulates outcome of considered strategies in real time, and helps Traffic Operator in accurate and prompt decision making.
Simplified and accelerated resolving
Every Agency’s desire is to become capable for resolving incidents quickly and efficiently.
Agencies will be successful when they will have efficient operating procedures and their personnel will be able to implement them easily.
Simplified operational management of incidents allows Traffic Operators to stay focused on decision making and make better decisions.
topXview™ Decision Support Software can easily store all Agency’s operating procedures, strategies, response plans in its preprogrammed library. That way, it leads Traffic Operators with workflow based response plans through their decision-making process.
The entire process is stored in database and Traffic Planners and Engineers can easily analyze outcomes, modify their procedures, response plans and strategies, and constantly improve quality of TMC work. The same feature also allows simple, one click distribution of reports to all systems
Entire process managed from the single cockpit
With topXview™ Software, traffic operator does not have to watch in parallel to different workstations with different graphic interfaces and understand different operation logics for different subsystems and functions (CCTV, DMS, traffic counters, management dashboard, etc.), as he had to in traditional Traffic Management Centers.
Instead, topXview™ Operator has the same “look and feel” while conducting any segment of his job.
For traffic monitoring, topXview™ indicates real-time traffic conditions with different colors (based on flow and incidents) on roadway/corridor map on the screen. When system detects an incident, it’s location is indicated on the map, live video-feed from the incident location is shown on the map, and Operator’s attention is focused on that incident so that he can estimate its severity. Workflow-based incident response plan with suggested responses is always started in the same way. Dashboard with all response plans and strategies in progress is always sorted and presented to operator based on their priority.
topXview™ Software features almost all communication protocols used in ITS/ATMS industry today so he is able to collect data from all sensors and sources of data connected to Traffic Management Center (traffic data, weather, video, other agencies and services, etc.).
This raw data is then qualified and synthetized into relevant traffic information about traffic flow, congestion and incidents, and visualized to Traffic Operators in ergonomic way on interactive roadway map. In parallel, Traffic operator has incident manager dashboard that is a part of monitoring GUI, to be able to monitor resolution of incident response plans
That way, Traffic Operator is monitoring traffic and all its changes in real-time, having complete awareness about the traffic in his network.
A set of different algorithms in topXview™ Software constantly analyzes information and detects disturbances and incidents.
Traffic prediction module analyzes actual traffic flow and its modifications in correlation with actual events in network, and warns about the risk of congestion.
Built-in algorithms for congestion detection and prediction based on traffic data (such as California, Marz, etc.) assure that contemporary traffic know-how is always at Traffic Operator’s service.
topXview™’s Artificial Intelligence based XAID™ system for analysis of video detects in real-time traffic incidents out of CCTV streams with highest accuracy and reliability of all similar systems in traffic industry.
After it detects incident or congestion, and puts it to Traffic Operator’s focus, topXview™ will offer one or more suitable response plans from his library of predefined plans and strategies for Active Traffic Management (ATM), Incident Management (IM), planned special events, work zone management.
To support Traffic Operator’s decision making, topXview™ will simulate and visualize in real-time outcome of strategies and response plans Operator is considering. This way, Operator will choose the most suitable response for given incident.
Execution of response plans (incident management and execution of chosen traffic strategies) is carried out through workflow driven plan of actions. At any time, Traffic Operator is aware of the state of each response plan and what is the next step. This assures uniform and accurate incident management at the Agency level.
topXviewTM truly interconnects all systems. All systems can communicate with one another so there are no limits for response plans, triggering messages on DMS, implementing traffic plans, etc. alleviating Operator’s workload.
Reviewing and Improving
The Software stores all events, changes and Operator’s actions in database. Reporting capabilities enable Planners, Engineers and Operators to analyze offline how incidents were handled and response plans executed, and make operational improvements based on this analysis.
Operational improvements are entirely under TMC Planner’s control. Software’s interactive tool for creating and parametrization of response plans and strategies allows TMC Planners to easily create, modify and tune response plans for different ATM strategies, such as speed harmonization, hard shoulder running, ramp metering, lane management, etc.
Reporting tool is used to create predefined and customized reports required for Agency’s internal and external reporting procedures. Any kind of report can be pulled up by a touch of a button: (traffic density, speed, what triggered DMS messages, who issued commands, what strategies were started and by whom, what kind of congestion and where occurs most often, etc.)
The Traffic Management Center – TMC (also known as Traffic Control Center – TCC) is the nerve center or the hub of most freeway, corridor or tunnel management systems. It is the place where data from the system is collected and processed, fused with other operational and control data, synthesized to produce "information", and distributed to stakeholders (media, other agencies, traveling public, other stakeholders, modal interests).
TMC staff uses this information to monitor the operation of the traffic network and to initiate control strategies that affect changes in the operation of the traffic network.
It has the critical role in the successful operation of a traffic management system (and perhaps the broader surface transportation network)
Just like it is impossible to use hardware resources of any computer server without operating system and proper software applications, or process big amounts of data without proper database engine, it is impossible to have efficient TMC without proper TMC software platform.